Dr Kulbir Tajuria - Clinical Lead
Kulbir studied Medicine at Jammu University in India. He then did his Masters in Medicine ( MD, General Medicine) and finally his GP training in Birmingham.
A proactive and an enthusiastic local clinician, Kulbir has a passion for achieving transformation in all aspects of Primary Care. Kulbir has a particular interest in Urgent and Mental Health care and Teaching and Training. He has extensive experience of taking on responsibility for Clinical Leadership, to deliver positive change for Birmingham patients.
Kulbir's success as a GP has been underpinned by expertise and a deep understanding of delivery as well as commissioning in NHS. This has been built over many years from Clinical Delivery, Senior Management, and Leadership across various areas, some of which are:
- GP Partner in a training and teaching practice
- Winter pressure planning - Primary Care input
- Extended Access- 7 days a week
- NHS 111 liaising with all stakeholders for Urgent Care provision
- GP in Emergency Department (ED) and supporting during festive periods, flu epidemics etc
- Involved in service delivery and audits at South Birmingham GP-led Walk-In Centre
- Enhanced Assessment Beds
- GP with WM Ambulance Services
- Elderly and palliative care
Kulbir loves and thoroughly enjoys all aspects of his job. In particular he likes the strong bond and the close interaction and relationship he has with the community. By acting as both their clinician and their advocate, Kulbir can genuinely help and support people when they need it the most.
When he's not working, Kulbir likes watching Bollywood movies with his whole family, making sand castles with his kids, walking tours, and reading books.